MU HKG- Shanghai $1250 RT + Free Maglev tickets
Planning on a trip to Shanghai this summer? I am, but I hate flying into Pudong Airport. It’s just so god-darn far from the city. Cabs are a bit expensive and the metro while budget friendly, has tons of stops and takes easily over an hour and a half. Maglev is quick, but it’s pricey for where it brings you, as you still need to transfer to the Metro or Taxi at the end of the line, which leaves you in Pudong, not Puxi. Last time I went I also left my sleeping bag on the Maglev, so I have bad memories.
To help cope with the facts that Pudong Airport is far and the Maglev is expensive, China Eastern (MU) is offering a free Maglev ticket for all tickets purchased on the Hong Kong China Eastern web site to PVG airport.
By the way, MU also has a sale on tickets from HKG – Shanghai on their web site. $1250 roundtrip which I think is a good price for a full-service airline. Depart by July 10, 2013, return by July 16. Most dates are hovering around $1540 roundtrip. (+about $1000 in taxes/surcharges)
I also wrote about the free transit hotel MU is offering for connecting passengers in China. If you are thinking about flying to destinations other than Shanghai see my post.
Maglev Promotion Details
Starting from now to 30 September 2013, passengers who book business or economy class one way or return air tickets on the Hong Kong-Shanghai Pudong route from our official Hong Kong website, with journey date between 1 May to 30 September 2013, a Shanghai Maglev Train redemption coupon would be offered for free!
1. Passengers who booked from China Eastern Airlines Hong Kong website could get the “Shanghai Maglev Train Redemption Coupon” at China Eastern Ticketing counter, which located at Area J, 7/F Hong Kong International Airport, by presenting their “Electronic Ticket Itinerary Receipt” and valid travel documents.
2. How to get your “Electronic Ticket Itinerary Receipt”?
(a) You will receive an automatic booking confirmation email after you completed payment from the Hong Kong website, with “Electronic Ticket Itinerary Receipt” enclosed, please print out this email.
(b) Visit our Hong Kong website: hk.ceair.com and login to “My Booking” by inputting your order details. Click “Itinerary Download” and print out the document.
3. Passengers could redeem an on-day Maglev Train ticket (One way) with the Redemption Coupon at the Shanghai Pudong Airport Maglev Station or Longyang Road Station (in-town). Tickets for either direction (Airport to Town or v.v.) could be redeemed.
1. Only air tickets issued in China Eastern Airlines Hong Kong website could enjoy this promotion;
2. This promotion only applies to passengers travel from Hong Kong to Shanghai Pudong route as destination (or v.v.); for those who travel from Hong Kong via Shanghai to China domestic or overseas cities (e.g. HKG-SHA-Paris) does not apply;
3. Only ONE train ticket will be offered for one-way or return sector for each itinerary;
4. Expiry date for “Shanghai Maglev Train Redemption Coupon” is 31 December 2013. No redemption after coupon expired;
5. Train tickets will be offered by first come first serve basis;
6. Other terms and conditions applies.
For enquiry please contact Hong Kong reservation Hotline: +852-2861 1898.