100 SPG points for liking SPG’s Facebook page
Walter just informed me of an easy way to get free Gold preferred status with Starwood’s SPG program in Asia while using a World Mastercard. (Normally 10 stays or 25 nights is required to gain Gold status.) Please note the participating properties list.
Earn instant Gold Preferred membership plus bonus Starpoints®.
Skip Preferred Guest® member status and head straight to Gold Preferred when you use your World MasterCard for your next stay at Starwood Hotels & Resorts anywhere in Asia Pacific between April 1, 2011 and March 31, 2013.
Gold Preferred members enjoy 50% more bonus Starpoints®, automatic room upgrades at check-in, 4pm late checkout and other exclusive privileges.
Starwood said that the status would be valid for the year of your stay plus one additional year. If you stay this year, it will be valid till the end of 2013.
- Three Starpoints for every eligible U.S. dollar spent – a 50% bonus over base-level membership.
- 4 p.m. late checkout,1 so you can sleep in, relax by the pool or see more of the local area you’re visiting.
- An enhanced room at check-in, when available.2
- Special elite customer service telephone line (available in most countries).
- New! Your choice of a welcome gift with each stay. Choose from bonus Starpoints, complimentary in-room Internet access and a complimentary beverage.