- Trip Planning – The English Family Trip
- Hainan Airline B737-800 Economy Class Shenzhen to Chongqing Review
- JW Mariott Chongqing Review
- Chongqing Airport International First/Business Class Lounge Review
- Finnair A330-300 Business Class Chongqing to Helsinki Review
- Finnair International Business Class Lounge (gate 50) Helsinki Vantaa Review
- British Airways A320 Economy Class (Eurotraveller) Helsinki to London Heathrow Review
- The Westbury Mayfair Review
- Townhall Hotel & Apartments Review
- British Airways E190 Economy Class (BACityflyer) London City to Manchester Review
- AC Hotel by Mariott Manchester Salford Quays Review
- Aloft Liverpool Review
- Bristol Marriott Royal Hotel Review
- Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow Review
- British Airways Business Class (Club World) London Heathrow to Shanghai Pudong Review
- China United Airlines B737-800 Economy Class Shanghai Pudong to Beijing Nanyuan Review
- Cathay Dragon A330-300 Business Class Beijing Capital to Hong Kong Review
After two hours in the Finnair Lounge, we headed for our flight to London Heathrow. We are travelling on tickets issued by Finnair which shows the flight number as AY5909 instead of BA799. The boarding gate is a quick 2-minute walk from the lounge but the plane is parked at a remote stand. But this allowed me to get some really nice photo of the A320 I am about to board.
23 June 2018
BA799/AY5909 HEL-LHR 1700 1815 A320
Seat 13D Economy Class (Euro Traveller)
Intra-European flights are boring, for any classes of service. There are no complimentary food and drinks served and all you can hope for is to be transported from A to B. The same is for my flight. The A320 is in a standard 3-3 configuration and I am seated in seat 13D, an aisle seat behind the exit row. British Airways A320s feature 30 inches of legroom and 17-inch seat width in economy class seats, which is fairly sufficient for my 5ft11 (180cm) height. The seat has leather padding and has an adjustable headrest.
We had a delayed departure due to some late passengers. Boarding only completed 10 minutes after the scheduled departure time at 5:15pm and we pushed back soon after the door closed.
There is no IFE on this aircraft, only overhead screens which only played the safety video. The safety video for British Airways is awesome, it features many British stars and shows a lot of British flairs.
We finally took off at 5:30pm. The take-off roll is quick as the plane is half-full, and the pilot initiated a fairly bumpy steep initial climb. The seatbelt sign is turned off just 3 minutes after take-off.
British Airways offer a small Marks and Spencer’s buy on board menu and the crew came around taking orders 15 minutes after take-off. I did not buy anything and soon fell asleep after as I was a little tired after my Sauna experience at the Finnair Lounge in Helsinki.
I woke up after an hour and did some work on my computer. After a while, we began our descend and finally landed at London Heathrow 20 minutes ahead of schedule.
Intra-Europe economy class is boring (x2). It simply takes you from A to B and that’s it. It is just an ok flight and that is it. However, if you were flying the same route on Finnair codeshare tickets, I will definitely recommend you to search for the once-daily A350/A330 service between Helsinki and London Heathrow.