Most foreigners enter South Korea through Incheon International Airport (ICN). This means you will be using this airport not unless you are making a domestic flight, or possibly visiting from Tokyo, China, and Shanghai which in that case you may land in Gimpo International Airport (GMP). Incheon Airport location has made it easier for visitors to access Seoul which is the capital city of S. Korea. To move from the Incheon airport to the city center takes an average of one hour and can be done using several means of transport. In this article, however, we shall have a look at cheap ways between Incheon Airport and Seoul city for a period between midnight and early morning hours.
Just to bring you up to speed, not all transport methodS between the two points operate on a 24/7 basis. The aim of this article, therefore, is to assist you who is scheduled to arrive late night helping you get to your hotel safe and in a cost-effective manner.
Bus (suggested option for budget travelers)
The bus comes as the cheaper choice for Seoul nighttime travelers. Under the bus category, we have two types of airport limousine buses: KAL and standard buses.
KAL is an initial for Korean Air Lines whose bus are deluxe buses, bigger and more comfortable than standard buses. This makes deluxe buses an ideal choice for those carrying heavy luggage. KAL buses stop at all major hotels in Seoul city. See the list here
- Review: comfortable, spacious, reach destination faster
- Travel time: 65-80 minutes
- Fare: 16,000 won
- Service hours: 24 hours
- Service schedule: 40 to 50 minutes
Standard airport limousine bus is not as comfortable as deluxe buses but the cost less. These buses also make more stop which brings you closer to your place of accommodation. You can check the bus stops here.
- Review: less comfortable, more stops, cheaper
- Travel time: 70-80 minutes
- Fare: starting 10,000 won
- Service hours: 24 hours
- Service schedule: every 40-50 minutes
- All bus have pre-recorded English announcement
- Purchase bus tickets from stands or terminal near gate 4, 6, 7, 8, 9,9c, 11 and 13.
- All buses have a huge sign bus so board the right one.
Airport International Taxi
Using taxi is the most convenient mode to reach your destination in Seoul city. However, if you are traveling light and solo, then it might not be the most cost-effective way to reach your accommodation. Consider choosing this option if visiting in a group.
There are four types of taxis in Incheon airport: standard, deluxe, jumbo taxi vans and international taxi.
- A standard taxi has a capacity of 4 passengers.
- The base fare is 2400 won for the first 2 km. T
- They charge 20% more if traveling between midnight and 4:00 am.
- Travel time: 40 minutes
- Cost: between 60,000 won and 100,000 won.
- Has a four-passenger capacity (more comfortable than standard taxi)
- The base fare of 45,000 won for the first 3km.
- No late night surcharge.
- The passenger pays for toll fee.
- Cost: between 55,000 and 75,000 won
- Can accommodate up to 8 passengers.
- Same price as deluxe taxis.
- passenger pays for all toll fees.
- If getting luxury or large taxis you need to book a reservation in prior. Check here . No need to book a medium international taxi.
- Taxi trips between Incheon Airport and Seoul have a flat fee rate, and the exact fee depends on the zone of your destination.
For more information call: +82-70-5102-1191/1195
Support desk location: Between gate 4 and 5, Desk No # 23
Between gate B and 9, Desk No #46