Imperial Palace bike ride
The Japan Bicycle Promotion Institute hosts a weekly bike ride around the Imperial Palace on Sundays from 10am – 3pm. It’s completely free and a nice place to enjoy the scenery while getting some exercise.
I went right at 10am and they were still setting up the blockades, so unlike the Japanese to be running behind. I filled out a simple form with my name and hotel and walked over to the bikes and picked one I like. They even have double-seater bikes for couples or friends.
The weather was rainy when I went so it was pretty empty. The street is closed off and you get to bike around to enjoy the trees, Palace, and cityscape. I highly recommend this activity, it’s really nice.
Opening Hours of the Bicycle Reception Desk
– 10:00 to 15:00 on Sundays
– Closed on rainy days, and days when special events are held.
– About a 3-minute walk from Exit 2 of Nijubashi Station on the Chiyoda Line Subway
– About a 15-minute walk from the Marunouchi side of JR Tokyo Station
Bicycle Reception Desk
– Beside the police box near Exit 2 of Nijubashi Station on the Chiyoda Line Subway