In case you missed my post six months ago about the Instant Gold status with Starwood Hotels, I am mentioning it again. Recently I stayed at the brand new Sheraton Macao and was given gold status as soon as my points posted, which was about two days after check-out, nice.
Recently I stayed at the Sheraton Macao and as soon as my points posted for the stay, I received Gold status, which was confirmed through my account online. This is a great benefit which includes:
- Three Starpoints for every eligible U.S. dollar spent – a 50% bonus over base-level membership.
- 4 p.m. late checkout,1 so you can sleep in, relax by the pool or see more of the local area you’re visiting.
- An enhanced room at check-in, when available.2
- Special elite customer service telephone line (available in most countries).
- Your choice of a welcome gift with each stay. Choose from bonus Starpoints, complimentary in-room Internet access and a complimentary beverage.
If you’re planning a stay in Asia Pacific between now and March 31, 2013, when the promotion ends, I highly suggest booking a Starwood property.