This article is part of the trip report “The English Family Trip”:
- Trip Planning – The English Family Trip
- Hainan Airline B737-800 Economy Class Shenzhen to Chongqing Review
- JW Mariott Chongqing Review
- Chongqing Airport International First/Business Class Lounge Review
- Finnair A330-300 Business Class Chongqing to Helsinki Review
- Finnair International Business Class Lounge (gate 50) Helsinki Vantaa Review
- British Airways A320 Economy Class (Eurotraveller) Helsinki to London Heathrow Review
- The Westbury Mayfair Review
- Townhall Hotel & Apartments Review
- British Airways E190 Economy Class (BACityflyer) London City to Manchester Review
- AC Hotel by Mariott Manchester Salford Quays Review
- Aloft Liverpool Review
- Bristol Marriott Royal Hotel Review
- Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow Review
- British Airways Business Class (Club World) London Heathrow to Shanghai Pudong Review
- China United Airlines B737-800 Economy Class Shanghai Pudong to Beijing Nanyuan Review
- Cathay Dragon A330-300 Business Class Beijing Capital to Hong Kong Review
I booked two room at JW Marriott Chongqing. The cost for each room is at 810CNY (130USD). However, I redeemed one of my expiring Marriott Rewards Free Night Certificate while paid cash for the other room. I consider this to be quite a reasonable price for a full-service Marriott hotel in Chongqing.
We arrived at the hotel slightly past midnight. The lobby is quite dark and the lobby lounge is closed. The check-in is smooth and there is a dedicated lane for Marriott Rewards members.
Only of the rooms received an upgrade to the club floor. I decided to let my family enjoy the more spacious club floor room while I headed to room 1506, a standard city view room.
The room is quite spacious and our room has double beds. There is a welcome fruit plate on the table, consisting of longan, grapes and a small banana. The fruit plate is a nice touch considering this is only the standard base room you get in this hotel.
There is a CINO coffee machine (a brand I have never heard of) in your room.
At the end of the room, there is a working desk and a sofa.
The bathroom is spacious; there is a bathtub as well as a shower. The sink is made of marble.
I left the hotel very early the next morning for my flight to Helsinki, so I did not have the chance to sample the breakfast and executive lounge in this hotel.
I only stayed in this hotel for a very quick overnight. The hotel is in the heart of Chongqing, and the location can easily be a convenience for you to explore the city center. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are looking to explore downtown. My only complaint is the distance to and from the airport.