Instant Starwood SPG Gold Status after 1 Stay
Jump in on this while you can! If you join Starwood Preferred Guest and provide the first six digits of your World or World Elite Mastercard, you can get instant gold status for one year after one stay. The stay must be done in Asia Pacific before July 25, 2013.
• 4pm late checkout
• Complimentary welcome gift
• 50% more Starpoints
• Room upgrades at check-in when available
Don’t hold a World Mastercard or World Elite Mastercard? For your information only the first six of mine happens to be, 546638. I’m not sure if they’ll really check whether or not you used your World Mastercard for your stay.
I joined this promotion last year, and after one stay at the Sheraton in Macau in November 2012, I got instant gold status which is still valid through this year!
Terms and Conditions
- The Promotion is valid only for World and World Elite MasterCard cardholders with residence in Asia Pacific who are enrolled as Starwood Preferred Guest®Program members (“SPG Members”) at the Preferred Guest® Tier, and who have registered for the Promotion, qualified with an eligible stay and made full payment for the eligible stay and all services during the eligible stay with a World and World Elite MasterCard (Qualified SPG Members”).
- If not already an SPG Member, World and World Elite MasterCard cardholders may enroll online at http://www.spg.com/worldmastercardgold.
- Membership in the Starwood Preferred Guest® Program is governed by terms and conditions of the Starwood Preferred Guest® Program which can be found athttp://www.spg.com/worldmastercardgold or www.spg.com. The Starwood Preferred Guest® Program Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of the Promotion are subject to change without notice.
- To register for the Promotion, all existing or new eligible SPG Members can register online at http://www.spg.com/worldmastercardgold.
- World MasterCard cardholders who are residents of Japan shall not be eligible to participate in the Promotion.
- To enjoy the complimentary upgrade to Starwood Preferred Guest® Gold Tier membership, eligible SPG Members must first register for the Promotion and then make one eligible stay in any of the hotels or resorts within the Asia Pacific region that are owned, managed or franchised by the Starwood Group before 13 July 2015, and make full payment for the eligible stay and all services during the eligible stay with a World MasterCard.
- An eligible stay is defined as one (1) or more consecutive nights stay paying a qualifying rate at any Starwood Participating Property regardless of the number of check-ins or check-outs that occur, and posted to the Qualified SPG Member’s Starwood Preferred Guest® account. A qualifying rate is any rate that is eligible to earn Starpoints® in the Starwood Preferred Guest® Program. Definition of Eligible Rates can be found at www.spg.com/t&c under section 4B.4.
- Upgrade to Starwood Preferred Guest® Gold Tier Membership will take place up to 4 weeks after the eligible stay posts to the Qualified SPG Members’ account and the SPG Gold Membership pack will be mailed out in 4 to 6 weeks.
Are you already a SPG member? It appears you probably cannot upgrade your account using this promotion, it appears for new signups with new e-mail addresses, so consider that.