There’s a thread going on at Slickdeals which indicates you can get instant Marriott Silver status upon sign-up. Normally you’re required to stay at least 10 nights per year to qualify. This isn’t a great offer, certainly not as good as the SPG Gold or Hilton Gold statuses that’ve been given away recently, but better than nothing if you’re planning on staying at a Marriott in the near future.
Many companies partner with Marriott and if you are an employee of one of them and sign-up via the link, you can get Silver status. Keep in mind when you sign-up, Marriott’s web site only requires the normal personal information, nothing related to your job.
Marriott Silver Benefits include:
- An Elite reservation and customer service phone line
- Priority room selection and late check-out privileges
- The Ultimate Reservation Guarantee
- Exclusive Elite-only rewards
- A 20% bonus on Marriott Rewards Points earned for stays
- Weekend discounts, gift shop savings and more!