Using the Hong Kong Frequent Visitor Scheme
If you visit Hong Kong regularly and would prefer not to wait in the queue at passport control, consider joining the Frequent Visitor Scheme.
If you join the scheme, you will have a barcode stuck on your passport cover which will allow you to use the electronic channels at border crossings. This includes not only the airport, but sea and land crossings too. Typically this will save you some time at each crossing, as the e-channel queue is normally much shorter than the regular immigration queue.
The criteria for application are:
- Aged 18 or above,
- Have no adverse record in Hong Kong,
- Holding a valid travel document and valid multiple visit visa where appropriate, and
- Either, holding any of:
- HKSAR Travel Pass
- APEC Business Travel Card with “HKG” printed on the reverse
- Hong Kng International Airport Frequent Visitor Card
- A frequent flyer card issued by airlines in the scheme (the full list of airlines is long and available at the airport)
- Valid travel document which is not required to hgave entry visa/permit to enter Hong Kong
- Or, have visited Hong Kong by aur at least three times in the past twelve months.
For a few nationalities the requirements are even simpler:
Australia: you just need to be aged 16 or above, holding a valid Australian passport with at least six months of validity remaining, and having no adverse record in Hong Kong.
Germany: aged 18 or above, holding a valid German passport, and having no adverse record in Hong Kong.
Singapore: criteria as above, but aged 11 or above, with a valid Singaporean passport with at least six months of validity remaining.
South Korea: aged 17 or above, holding a valid republic of Korea passport, and having no adverse record in Hong Kong.
How to Apply
To enroll, simply visit the enrollment office. They are located immediately behind passport control when you arrive, and are open daily from 7.30 a.m. to 11 p.m. (in arrival hall south – the north one is daily, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.). There are also enrollment offices at Macau Ferry Terminal (daily, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.) and on the 7th floor of Immigration Tower, 7 Gloucester Road, Wan Chai (weekdays except public holidays, 8.45 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
You will see an immigration officer who will take some details from you and can enroll you on the spot.
Further details on the scheme can be found at the Immigration Department website.