This review is part of my cross-country road trip series.
- A: Left Brooklyn, New York on Sunday
- B: Stopped in Bethesda Maryland to visit my niece
- C: Roanoke Virginia: overnight at the Sheraton Roanoke Hotel & Conference Center
- D: Knoxville, Tennessee to eat some lunch
- E: Nashville, Tennessee: overnight at the Springhill Suites Metrocenter and visit some country music venues
- F: Memphis, Tennessee: visit Elvis’ Graceland and Tunica, MS for some gambling
- G: Little Rock, Arkansas: overnight at the Holiday Inn North Little Rock and visit the Clinton Library and Museum
- H: Dallas / Bedford, Texas: overnight at the Towneplace Suites Bedford, TX and pick up my friend at DFW Airport
- I: Amarillo, Texas: stop for lunch and see the Cadillac Ranch
- J: Albuquerque, New Mexico: overnight at the Hampton Inn Midtown / University and check out the Sandia Casino
- K: Phoenix / Chandler, Arizona: overnight at the Fairfield Inn Chandler Fashion Center and visit the Wildhorse Pass Casino and Premium Outlets
- L: arrive in Los Angeles California on Saturday and overnight at the Crowne Plaza LAX
This property really impressed me. I redeemed only 4,000 SPG points for a night at this full service hotel and conference center. The property is very large and spread out, I stayed in Tower B. The condition of the hotel is modern & updated, and service from the staff was professional. I ignorantly thought it would be bad because it was in a small city, but the hotel rivals many properties in large metropolitan areas.
The room was super spacious, clean, and modern. I have nothing to complain about except the central HVAC unit was really loud, probably one of the loudest I’ve ever heard in a hotel room. Otherwise the beds we’re comfy and room comfortable. I did hear a baby next door crying since my room had a door connecting to the neighboring room, but luckily I didn’t hear anymore wailing after 30 mins.
As a Gold status member the front desk clerk told me I could go to the Club room on the 5th floor. The food was terrible, it was BBQ pork and some fruits. They also had some bottled water and sodas. I had one piece and went to Cheddars restaurant near Walmart down the road instead, the service there was awesome and prices good. Other than that, I didn’t get to explore the city much, just stayed out in the suburbs near the airport.
Overall I highly recommend this property if you’re in Roanoke Virginia. Especially good SPG redemption value as a category 2 hotel. 4,000 points on a weekday or 3,000 on a weekend.