In case you did not know, those with octopus card can take advantage of the Airport Morning Express from Kowloon or Tsing Yi Station to Hong Kong for only HK$20. Caveat seems you need to use a special gate.
Not bad if you are in Tsing Yi and trying to get to Central quickly and relatively cheaply considering you’re riding the airport express! Still going to cost you more than the regular train on the Tung Chung line which is $14.2 from Tsing Yi and $9.7. Therefore it’s definitely more worthwhile from Tsing Ying.
Service hour for Airport morning express: 7 AM to 10 AM. Mon-Sat, excluding public holidays.
Note that among other terms and condition for Morning Express service i.e users are not entitled to the complimentary Express Shuttle Bus Service which means the method is not convenient if you have bulky luggage.
Terms & Conditions:
- Passengers must use the dedicated “Airport Express Morning Express Service” gate to enjoy the service.
- Morning Express Service users are not entitled to the complimentary Airport Express Shuttle Bus Service.
- Passengers cannot use the same Octopus to enjoy free MTR connections or a free return journey for a round trip to and from the airport / AsiaWorld-Expo within the same day.
- In order to enjoy the Airport Express “Park & Ride” offer, Morning Express Service users must use the same Octopus for Airport Express station car park entry / exit and Airport Express ride. The Octopus should not have more than 9 records of any transaction between Airport Express ride and the parking fee payment.
- The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Ordinance shall not apply to the terms and conditions herein.
- MTR Corporation Limited reserves the right to make the final decision in the event of any dispute.
Coincidentally, there is another named Early Bird fare which is 25% off when you exit the gate between 715am and 815am, to encourage passengers to go to work early to alleviate the crowds.
Available Monday to Friday (except public holidays), from 7:15 and 8:15 a.m., passengers using an Adult Octopus can enjoy a 25% fare discount when exiting any of the designated core urban stations.
Promotion period: 1 June 2018 to 31 May 2019