Hong Kong Airlines’ Fortune Wings Club is not a great frequent flyer programme, with limited redemption opportunities and fairly high redemption rates. However if flying with Hong Kong Airlines it can make sense to use the programme so that you at least earn some miles (you can also credit to Virgin Australia’s programme).
The airline has a generous offer which is close to a status match. If you hold status with another airline, when you have an upcoming Hong Kong Airlines booking you can apply for “Accelerate”. It offers the following benefits for twelve months:
· Priority check-in at Business Class counters
· Priority baggage handling
· Extra legroom seat (subject to availability)
· Access to Club Autus and Club Bauhinia
That’s pretty generous. Full details are here.
In addition, the airline is currently offering a status challenge. If you hold status on any airline, or have a premium credit card, you can participate in their challenge, The targets are:
- 12 status qualifying segments or 15,000 status qualifying miles in 100 days will earn you gold status, and
- 6 status qualifying segments or 9,000 status qualifying miles in 100 days will earn you silver status.
Full details can be seen on Hong Kong Airlines’ website.