Free Priority Pass with SCB or Cathay Pacific Credit Card
Want to find out a way to get a free Priority Pass? The Priority Pass card will let you into hundreds of lounges around the world. If you reside in Hong Kong, there’s a few choices.
The well-heeled can get the Priority Pas card through Standard Chartered. The Standard Chartered Priority Banking Credit Card is a Visa Infinite card which provides cardholders with a free PP. Keep in mind you need to be a Priority Banking customer, which means $60,000+ monthly salary direct deposit or $1,000,000 in bank assets.
- As the principal cardholder, Priority Pass™ membership is yours. You can enjoy complimentary access to over 600 airport lounges worldwide.
For the rest of us, you can sign-up for the Cathay Pacific Elite American Express card. Honestly I think this card isn’t very good, except for the lounge benefits.
- Local Spent: HK$8= 1 Asia Mile
- Overseas Spent: HK$8= 2 Asia Miles
- First-year annual fee waiver of HK$1,800
- Complimentary Priority PassTM in the first 12-month Cardmembership tenure and unlimited Plaza Premium Lounge access all year-round for you and your Supplementary Cardmembers
- Complimentary Green tier membership to The Marco Polo Club
- Your annual Card fee of HK$1,800 will be waived for the following year simply by spending HK$150,000 annually or if you hold The Marco Polo Club Silver membership tier (or above) at the time of your annual Card fee renewal
Basically since this credit card will waive the annual fee for the first year, you can apply, receive the card and lounge benefits for one year, then cancel. You don’t even need to charge anything to the card of you don’t want to. Compared with benefits US credit cards provide, Hong Kong credit cards are terrible.
If you’re looking to accrue Asia Miles, 1 Asia Mile per $8 is terrible. You can get 1 Asia Miles per $6 spending with the DBS Black Card. But as I’ve mentioned in other articles, you shouldn’t even be accruing Asia Miles if you can avoid it.
Also, one benefit of obtaining your Priority Pass outside of the U.S. is that you’re eligible to use United Airlines Club lounges in the U.S. US Priority Club members don’t have this access.