Cathay Pacific and Dragonair Premium Bundle Fares
Usually I don’t think Cathay Pacific / Dragonair’s sales are too good, but I saw they have a new sale for Premium Economy which bundles a long-haul and short-haul fare at various price points. This seems like a pretty good deal to me, particularly to Australia, which falls under the lowest price point.
Now that it’s post-holidays there aren’t many bookings so looks liek CX/KA are trying to drum up some reservations in their usually not full premium economy cabins.
Below is the breakdown before fuel surcharges / taxes: $11,380 to Australia is great in Premium Economy, plus you get a short haul flight, which can be to an expensive destination such as Sapporo in Hokkaido Japan. That flight alone in the winter-time is probably at least $5,000 in economy.
Also, if you pick a Dragonair destination not also operated by CX, like Phuket, you can fly in BUSINESS class, cool.
Travel is valid through July 10, 2014 which makes this option applicable for many people, especially for the early summer rush. If you are willing to spend a little more money for premium economy, take a look. Usually premium economy is twice the price of regular economy, but this sale makes the pricing much closer to 50% more AND you get a short-haul flight. Totally worth it if you pick normally expensive destinations.
|Premium Bundle Fares||Long Haul Destinations|
|Australia / South Asia|
Subcontinent / Middle East
|Europe / New Zealand|
/ Africa / Vancouver
|Los Angeles / San|
Francisco / Toronto / London
|Chicago / New York^^|
|Premium Economy Class #||1 Long Haul + 1 Short Haul||HKD11,380*||HKD14,380*||HKD17,880*||HKD22,880*|
|1 Long Haul + 2 Short Haul||HKD14,380*||HKD17,380*||HKD20,880*||HKD25,880*|
|Business Class||1 Long Haul + 1 Short Haul||HKD35,880*||HKD37,380*||HKD45,880*||HKD56,880*|
|1 Long Haul + 2 Short Haul||HKD40,380*||HKD42,380*||HKD50,880*||HKD61,880*|
*Fares quoted above are subject to applicable taxes and other surcharges. For full details on the currently applicable fuel surcharge, please click here.
Premium Bundle Fares let you combine Business or Premium Economy Class destinations.
What does your ideal combination look like? London + Osaka + Taipei – or someplace totally different? Dragonair is joining together with Cathay Pacific to launch the “Premium Bundle Fares” promotion. With our Premium Bundle Fares, you can choose one long-haul flight, plus one or two short-hauls, and enjoy Business or Premium Economy Class comfort along the way – all at a very attractive price.
- Travel period: 6 January – 10 July 2014
- Offer valid from: 6 January – 21 January 2014
For booking and enquiries, please call our reservations hotline on 3193 3888, visit Dragonair Ticketing Office or contact your travel agent.
#Premium Economy Class is not available on Dragonair. For those destinations served by both Dragonair and Cathay Pacific (including Beijing, Fukuoka, Manila, Shanghai, Taipei), passengers will fly on Cathay Pacific Premium Economy Class. If the destination is only served by Dragonair, passengers will fly Business Class if available, or Economy Class if not. In all cases, passengers will be advised of this before they confirm their booking.
Eligible Long-haul Destinations:
- Africa – Johannesburg.
- Australia – Adelaide, Brisbane, Cairns, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney.
- Canada / USA – Vancouver, Toronto / Chicago, Los Angeles, New York^^, San Francisco.
- Europe – Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Milan, Moscow, Paris, Rome.
- Middle East – Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Dubai, Jeddah, Riyadh.
- New Zealand – Auckland.
- South Asian Subcontinent – Colombo, Dhaka, Karachi, Kathmandu, Malé.
- UK – London.
Eligible Short-haul Destinations:
- Cambodia / Indonesia / Philippines – Phnom Penh, Siem Reap / Denpasar (Bali), Jakarta, Surabaya / Cebu, Clark, Manila.
- Japan / Korea / Taiwan – Fukuoka, Nagoya, Okinawa, Osaka, Sapporo,Tokyo / Busan, Jeju, Seoul / Kaohsiung, Taichung, Taipei.
- Mainland China – Beijing, Chongqing, Changsha, Chengdu, Fuzhou, Guangzhou, Guilin, Haikou, Hangzhou, Kunming, Nanjing, Ningbo, Qingdao, Sanya, Shanghai, Wuhan, Wenzhou, Xiamen, Xi’an, Zhengzhou.
- Malaysia / Singapore / Thailand – Kota Kinabalu, Kuala Lumpur, Penang / Singapore / Bangkok, Phuket, Chiang Mai.
- Myanmar / Vietnam – Yangon / Da Nang, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City.^^Hong Kong to New York valid on CX846 / CX888 / CX890 and New York to Hong Kong valid on CX845 / CX889 / CX899 only.To book, call Dragonair at 3193 3888, visit Dragonair Ticketing Office or contact your travel agent. Act now!